Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Problem with Being a Shopaholic

... is that you don't know when to stop.

Well, this was me before. I'm a grown woman now. Teehee.

I've always had trouble controlling my spending. It's been this way since - I can't remember when. And while I never buy high-ticket items on impulse, somehow, the "little expenses" pile up and become a huge expense.

This was not a problem in the last months because I allowed myself budget for unnecessary things. However, this month was a bit tighter, which means I should not buy anything we don't really need. Which was fine.

But, alas, when my suki Facebook seller Ate Lorilie told me she'd be giving shoes to my Y, (thank you by the way!!!),  I was pressured. I couldn't let her give me something for free without me buying something from her! It just didn't feel right. And so I hurriedly browsed through her albums and looked for something else I could buy from her. I ended up with a cute Carter's shirt for my 14-month old.

Photo credit: Charles Goodies
To be honest, I wanted to buy more. I wanted to buy Y another pair of shoes and a new pair of shorts. But I couldn't. My budget wouldn't allow me to do so.

Were you ever in the same position?

I know there are a lot of people like me who find "happiness" in shopping - and even window shopping. Materialistic as it may sound, I find beauty in looking at pretty stuff, especially for my baby boy. However, this time, I pride myself on finally being able to control myself from buying something.

The story I told you about is just an exception. I just wasn't raised by my parents to take without giving, so I actually needed to buy something to return the favor. But again, this expense is the exception. I can proudly say that I haven't bought anything unnecessary for this month. How? I really don't know yet. Let me observe how I do it, and then I'll come up with a checklist in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment